Get your international tracing done right
If you need to find people across the globe, you’re in the right place.
Trying to find someone abroad is a time-consuming experience to do by yourself. With an advanced network of tools, techniques and associates, Vilcol has developed a unique expertise in international tracing. Our international tracing agents provide you with a fast, efficient and compliant method of finding someone abroad who you need to locate or reconnect with.
Why would you need international tracing?
There are many reasons that constitute the need for international tracing. Finding people overseas can be vitally important for a lot of things, both personal and professional. Our clients have used international tracing for:
- Finding long lost relatives
- Reconnecting with old friends
- Tracing ex-partners to complete a divorce
- Tracing people who owe money and have moved abroad
- Selling property with two names on the deed
- Locating international colleagues and clients
- Finding international overseas shareholders of a company
How to trace someone abroad for free
You can do international tracing yourself if you have the time, resources, and dedication.
Before you start, keep in mind that privacy laws and regulations need to be followed. Finding someone’s residency information isn’t as straightforward as it used to be. People’s personal information is harder to find nowadays, so make sure you follow the law when doing your own international tracing.
The internet can be incredibly helpful when tracing internationally. Here are a few steps you can take to begin your own international trace for free:
- Google their name along with keywords about them. These can be their job, the company they work for, the place they live, or hobbies they have. Try different variations of this search to cover more ground on Google.
- You can narrow the search by Googling them with their spouse.
- Find their social media. See if you can find more information about their location this way.
- Often people put their contact information on LinkedIn, including their email address and phone number. This can be useful to get in touch with them.
- Look at Google Images. If you can find photos of them, you can often find links to websites with more information about them.
- Find expat forums that they could be active on. You can narrow this down by finding expat forums specific to their job, company, or hobbies.
- You can quickly filter through websites by pressing control+F (if you’re on a Windows machine) or command+F (if you’re on a Macbook).
This process is notoriously time consuming; it can take weeks or even months of online investigating before you find a reliable address you can use.
How can Vilcol help?
We take all the hassle out of international tracing! With our extensive global network of databases and associates, we’ve conducted successful traces on every continent. Our team of experts has over 40 years of experience, so we can guarantee that we’ll handle your trace with the utmost professionalism.
Our experienced, award-winning private detectives are the UK’s leading tracing agents with over 35 years of international tracing expertise. With Vilcol, you can get the address of the person you’re trying to trace within days; a fraction of the time it would take for you to do it yourself.
We always make sure to do everything strictly according to laws in any country. We take all the worries and frustration out of international tracing and get results for our clients.
Our re-trace policy
We offer all our customers a re-trace policy, available for up to 30 days after the initial trace. If you’d like to double-check information, or think your person has moved residency, let us know and we will re-investigate free of charge.
This policy expires 30 days after the initial trace.
How much does it cost to trace someone overseas?
The overall fee for this service is £225.00. This consists of a £125.00 retainer. If we are successful with our UK enquiries a further fee of £100.00 is due. Our report will be emailed to you when we receive payment.
How can you find a missing person in the USA?
We have over 40 partner offices around the world all with a wealth of experience in tracing people. So, if you’re looking to trace someone in the USA, or anywhere else like Australia, Spain, South Africa, Thailand or any other country, we have the expertise to help.
Is it guaranteed you’ll be able to find someone overseas?
We can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to trace someone in all cases and trying to find someone overseas can be a lot more difficult than conducting a UK search. Because of this, we operate on a success only basis for finding someone internationally. Vilcol has a vast information network and access to valuable resources that significantly increase the chances of a successful trace.
What information is required for an international trace?
We ask that you provide all the information you have access to. Other than the name, the most important information is date of birth, nationality, and place of birth. The last known address and any contact information (social media included) is also very helpful.
If you don’t have any of that information, don’t worry! We’ve repeatedly made successful traces with a name only, but this may take a little longer than usual.