Find a Person
If you need to find a person, it’s not always easy to know where to start. Perhaps you’re trying to track down an old friend, find a lost relative or sibling, or search for a biological parent. Or maybe you need to find a person by name for probate or another legal procedure like settling a debt.
Even today, with the availability of the internet and social media, it can be a time-consuming, frustrating and expensive process trying to track someone down.
If you’re trying to find a person by yourself, you’ll also face a general lack of information, dead-ends, restricted records of dates of birth and phone numbers and no access to professional people tracing tools like those we use.
Let Vilcol help ease the burden.
We’re one of the UK’s leaders in how to locate a person, be they a long-lost friend or relative, a former flame or someone who owes you or your company money.
We can also facilitate the debt recovery process, serve legal notices like court orders and conduct private investigations. We can also trace people abroad.
Our people tracing service has been operating for more than 30 years. We know our stuff. We get results.
This page is to instruct us. If you click on "Start Here" and fill in the form it will be treated as an instruction. If you have a general query please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8390 9988.
Find a relative, friend or associate – 98% success rate
After being instructed to find a person, we assign one of our award winning, experienced in-house investigators. They carry out enquiries and follow leads based on the information supplied by you and any other data that may have been gained.
Our expertise can:
- Find a person by name
- Find a person’s father or mother
- Find lost siblings, relatives or friends
- Find a person for probate or will purposes
- Track down an old friend
- Track down an old flame
- Find a missing person.
If you need to find a person who owes you money then you should start your search via our find a debtor page here.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and all our work meets the most exacting standards in the industry.
Vilcol’s access to numerous databases combined with our investigative experience has given us an unparalleled rate of success. When tracking people down we have an enviable 98% success rate.
How we locate a person
Finding a person often involves time and investigation.
Depending on the information you have and the level of service you require, we can usually find a person quickly and efficiently by using a range of resources that are not generally available to everyone.
Obviously, the more facts you have about the missing person when you instruct us, the easier our job is. We always ensure we are meticulous and discreet while making enquiries.
Whichever of our services you choose to find a person (full list below), we will send a report with all the data that we have collected on your behalf. Besides sourcing and confirming the address of the person you want to locate, we can often provide other contact details like phone numbers and email addresses.
Instructing Vilcol to find a person is as easy as A,B,C and can be a highly effective and time-saving solution.
(1) Trace a person from an address less than 10 years old - £45.00 + VAT
(2) Trace a person from an unknown address or older than 10 years - £85.00 + VAT
(3) Doorstep Trace £175.00 + VAT
Detailed No Trace Report: - £45
In some instances of Divorce and Probate enquiries, courts request a comprehensive report of our actions which resulted in a No Trace report being supplied.
Though Vilcol strive to invoice on a success only basis in this instance a fee of £45.00 + VAT will be levied for the time it takes to prepare the comprehensive court document.
Please select the service you require from the options below, and click “START HERE” to provide us with your information.
Trace a Person – No Trace no Fee - £45
Vilcol will assign your instruction to one of our award winning experienced in-house investigators. They will carry out various enquiries and follow leads based on the information supplied by you and as a result of any other information gained.
- This is a manual investigation service for all matters.
- It can be utilised to locate long lost family and friends, probate, matrimonial matters etc.
- Average response time is 5 to 10 working days.
- We can do it faster if you want but that will cost more.
- If you want a faster service when instructing us please either tick same day, 24 hour or 48 hours.
- Please note that you can also instruct us on this service if you cannot provide a last known address please see point 2 under fees.
- Our report will be emailed to you when we receive payment.
- All successful Traces have a free 30 day Re-Trace policy.
- Re-Trace Policy: Vilcol will re-check free of charge any information supplied by us if the request is received in writing within 30 days of the date of our report.
- If you require an extra level of confirmation, we recommend that you instruct us to conduct a Doorstep Trace as described below.
Doorstep Person Trace - £175
Vilcol will assign your instruction to our award winning team of agents They will carry out various enquiries and follow leads based on the information supplied by you and as a result of any other information gained.
- This is a manual investigation service utilising all in-house resources plus an external agent attending to confirm residency
- They will carry out various enquiries based on the information supplied by you and as a result of any other information gained.
- Average response time is 10 to 20 working days.
- If you also require photograph/video evidence further fees will apply depending on your requirements. · Contact contact us if you require a quote for photograph/video evidence
- Our fee is all inclusive.
- You will not be charged for mileage, refreshments or any other costs.
- Our report will be emailed to you when we receive payment.
Why use Vilcol to track someone down?
If you want to find a missing person, Vilcol are your go-to trusted specialists.
We have more than 30+ years’ experience and a 98% success rate plus we offer a no trace/no fee guarantee on almost all our services.
We use sophisticated information gathering techniques and draw on a network of skilled and dependable people tracing specialists throughout the country.
We’ll get you the results you want while adhering to all relevant legislation. Furthermore, we provide a speedy delivery – one you can start in just five minutes!